Entrepreneurs looking for funding this year, might find a more difficult time getting a decent valuation. Venture capitalists (VCs) are much more cautious.
Startups wanting to find out more about the current VC climat might like to join the event organized by Silicon Dragon next week (september 13). They have invited a range of top VCs in Shanghai, including Steamboat Ventures, Qiming Ventures, GGV Capital, Morningside Ventures and Ceyuan Venture. Queen’s Road Capital, an angle fund of Fritz Demopoulos (founder of Qunar) will also be there.
Successful Chinese entrepreneurs, David Li of YY and Feng Hong of Xiaomi Technology (recently valued at US$ 4 billion) will also join the discussion.
Topics of the event:
– The Arrival of the Angel Investor & Serial Entrepreneur in China
– Exit Options: Going Public, M&A, Taking Private Again
– From Copycats to Chinese Micro-Innovations
– Tougher Deal Terms for Startup Financing
– Chinese Startups Going Global
– What’s Hot: Mobile Internet, Cloud Computing